In our last in-season episode, we're here to break down everything Laguna Seca. From championship clinching scenarios for Josef Newgarden, Alex Rossi, Simon Pagenaud and Scott Dixon to the rookie of the year battle! We discuss how we think Indycar's return to Laguna is going to go before diving into some fan questions! Who do you think is going to be crowned the 2019 NTT Indycar Series champion?
On this week's episode, the last in-season off weekend means it's a bit quiet on the news front for silly season, but that doesn't mean we don't have plenty to discuss! This week we break down:
- The Aeroscreen and if INDYCAR's change at the top of engineering means anything
- Discussing Will Power's comments about this being the most competitive era in Indycar
- Fan questions! Thank you to everyone who submitted questions!
In this week's interview, Mike sits down with motorsports extraordinaire, Shea Holbrook! They discuss:
- Her experience in the new W Series
- Her concerns about the W series before it began and what she would say to those who didn't like it
- Her extremely unique motorsports career (Drag cars, touring cars, W Series to name a few)
- Why the business and branding side is so important for a driver
And much more!
Photo credit: Andrew Hone | LAT Images
A big thank you to our presenting sponsor, Grypmat, the world's first flexible tool tray designed to keep your tools in place no matter the surface, head to their website HERE and enter promo code PLP10 for 10% off your order!
First, all of us at Pit Lane Parley share our thoughts and condolences with Anthoine Hubert, his friends and family, and the motorsports community.
Mike sat down throughout the Portland weekend with Ryan Norman, Robert Megennis, Sting Ray Robb, and Rasmus Lindh in short interviews to discuss the end of their respective Road to Indy seasons!
This week, Mike talks with eventual pole-winner and 4th place finisher, Colton Herta. The pair discuss:
- Colton's rookie season lookback
- With all the silly season rumors, is it tough to focus?
- Thoughts on Gateway/WWT Raceway
- His fellow rookie class
- Looking ahead to Laguna
During the weekend at Portland International Raceway, Mike was able to speak with both Santino Ferrucci and Sebastien Bourdais, drivers #19 and #18 for Dale Coyne Racing. Both of the drivers have a great working relationship and discuss:
- Is Sebastien a fan of being called "dad" and does he call Santino "son" ?
- How Santino views his rookie season
- What went wrong for Sebastien during qualifying on Saturday at PIR
- If either driver could magically "re-do" a moment during their 2019 season
Mike spent some time during the INDYCAR Autograph session talking with reporter Jeff Gluck, national motorsport writer for The Athletic. They discuss:
- The championship contenders
- How IndyCar and nascar differ from an overall race weekend perspective
- Predicting who is going to win this weekend at Portland International Raceway
Mike, Jess, and Matt are here to discuss a thriller at WWT Raceway aka Gateway Motorsports Park:
- Takuma Sato's redemption story
- Tony Kanaan and AJ Foyt Racing
- How the championship standings have unfolded
- Santino Ferrucci's bold moves and Josef Newgarden's run in with Santino
Afterwards, we look ahead to the penultimate race of the season in Portland
- What needs to happen for Rossi, Dixon, or Pagenaud to overtake Newgarden in the standings?
- A look at the rookie of the year race
- Predicting who will do well and who may not
Mike, Jess, and Matt break down everything Pocono including:
- The first lap crash and the ensuing debate
- Has Indycar outgrown Pocono or can there be any safety additions to the car/track?
- Was the rest of race improved versus last year?
- How does the first lap crash impact the championship?
Following Jess' joker lap, we get to some AWESOME fan questions (keep them coming!) and preview the upcoming race at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway (WWTRG!)